Centuries: 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
- May 7 - In France the Second Council of Lyons opens to consider the condition of the Holy Land and to agree to a union with the Byzantine church.
- August 21 - Philip III of France marries Marie de Brabant
- End of the reign of Emperor Kameyama of Japan
- Emperor Go-Uda ascends to the throne of Japan
- At the age of 3, Jeanne of Navarre becomes countess of Champagne and Queen of Navarre upon her father's death.
- Robert Burnell is named Lord Chancellor of England.
- The battle of Hakata Bay is fought.
- The city of Malbork is founded by the Teutonic Knights.
- Edward I of England enforces the decree requiring all English Jews to wear yellow badges.
- Saint Thomas Aquinas, Catholic theologian
- Saint Bonaventure, Franciscan theologian
- Prince Munetaka, 6th Kamakura shogun of Japan
- Robert de Sorbon, French theologian and founder of the Sorbonne
- Henry III, count of Champagne and king of Navarre
- Nasreddin Tusi, Turkish astronomer