Centuries: 3rd century BC - 2nd century BC - 1st century BC
Decades: 190s BC 180s BC 170s BC 160s BC 150s BC - 140s BC - 130s BC 120s BC 110s BC 100s BC 90s BC
Years: 150 BC 149 BC 148 BC 147 BC 146 BC - 145 BC - 144 BC 143 BC 142 BC 141 BC 140 BC
- In the Battle of the Oenoparus, Ptolemy VI Philometor defeats the Seleucid usurper Alexander Balas, but dies in the battle.
- Ptolemy VII becomes king of Egypt briefly, then is assassinated by Ptolemy VIII.
- Hipparchus determines the length of the tropical year.
- Sima Qian, Chinese historian (or 135)
- Ptolemy VI of Egypt (killed in battle)
- Ptolemy VII of Egypt (assassinated)
- Alexander Balas (assassinated)