Centuries: 15th century - 16th century - 17th century
- February 27 - Henry IV is crowned King of France at Rheims.
- March 21 - Henry IV enters his capital of Paris for the first time.
- February 19 - Henry, Prince of Wales, the eldest son of King James VI of Scotland/James I of England and Anne of Denmark.
- May 29 - Gottfried Heinrich Graf zu Pappenheim, general.
- June 15 - Nicolas Poussin, French painter.
- December 9 - Gustavus Adolphus, King of Sweden
- Jean Louis Guez de Balzac, French author.
- Stephen Marshall, English Nonconformist divine.
- February 2 - Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Italian composer of Renaissance music.
- May 31 - Tintoretto, Italian painter
- June - John Aylmer, Bishop of London.
- June 14 - Orlande de Lassus, Franco-Flemish composer of religious and secular music.
- October 16 - William Allen, English cardinal.
- November 22 - Sir Martin Frobisher, British seaman.
- December 2 - Gerardus Mercator, Flemish cartographer.
- Ferdinando Stanley, 5th Earl of Derby
- Christina, the second daughter of Charles IX of Sweden and Christina of Holstein-Gottorp.
- Thomas Kyd English playwright.\n