Centuries: 16th century - 17th century - 18th century
Decades: 1640s 1650s 1660s 1670s 1680s - 1690s - 1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s
Years: 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 - 1694 - 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699
- July 27 - A Royal Charter is granted to the Bank of England.
- December 22 - The Triennial Bill became law.
- December 28 - Queen Mary II of England died; King William III of England, Scotland and Ireland is now sole ruler after his co-ruler's death.
- November 21 - François-Marie Arouet dit Voltaire, french philosopher
- December 28 - Queen Mary II of England, Scotland and Ireland.\n