Centuries: 2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century
- Roman emperor Aurelian reconquers the kingdom of Palmyra (Syria, Egypt and large parts of Asia Minor), forcing queen Zenobia to flee to Parthia.
- During the Siege of Tyana, Roman Emperor Aurelian has a dream (vision?) of Apollonius and spares the city.
- Sassanid Shah Hormizd I succeeds Shapur I.
- Dometius succeeds Titus as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Saint Denis, the first bishop of Paris, and two of his disciples are beheaded near a hill outside of the city. The hill will later be called Montmartre, the Mountain of the Martyrs, in their honor.
- Paul of Samosata is deposed as Patriarch of Antioch.
- Constantine the Great, the first Christian emperor of the Roman Empire (+337)
- Wei Shuo, calligrapher of the Eastern Jin Dynasty
- Saint Denis\n