Car can be taken to mean:
- A wheeled vehicle or automobile used to carry people or goods. In this sense, its etymology is derived from a shortening of the word 'carriage'. It is also called an automobile. See also road transport, kit-car, model car, future of the car, sports car, truck.
- The portion of a transportation system (e.g. an elevator) in which passengers are carried.
- A single member of a group of linked transport 'containers' pulled together by an engine and set on rails, called a railroad car or boxcar. See rail transport.
- A function used by programming languages that are dialects of Lisp. It is used to refer to the head of a list. See car (function) and cdr.
- Cars is a commune in the Gironde département, in France.
- The Cars is the name of a late 1970s American New Wave band.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.