The organisation works in conjunction with regional arms that oversee football development in the different parts of the world. The six conferdations that comprise FIFA (and the regions that they govern) are:
- AFC - (Asia)
- CAF - (Africa)
- CONMEBOL - (South America)
- CONCACAF - (North and Central America)
- OFC - (Oceania)
- UEFA - (Europe)
- Football World Cup
- Olympic Football Tournament.
- Football World Youth Championship.
- Football U17 World Championship.
- Women's World Cup.
- Football U19 Women's World Championship.
The laws of football that govern the game, are maintained by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), which consists of four representatives from FIFA. and one representative each from The Football Association, the Scottish Football Association, the Football Association of Wales, and the Irish Football Association.