(born Grace Mendoza, May 19
in Spanish Town, Kingston, Jamaica
have also been listed as her year of birth) is a model, singer
Jones is known for her post-modern costuming and performance, at which she dressed in men's clothing and gorilla suits. She gained a reputation for temperament after she physically attacked British chat show host, Russell Harty, because he turned his back on her to speak to another guest.
Musically, she began singing disco, then moved on into quirky pop and reggae, featuring big names in Jamaican music on albums such as Nightclubbing. Later, she recorded hip-hop flavored dance music.
She was a Bond girl in A View to a Kill, a 1985 movie in the James Bond series of films.
- Portfolio (Island) 1977
- Fame (Island) 1978
- Muse (Island) 1979
- Warm Leatherette (Island) 1980
- Nightclubbing (Island) 1981
- Living My Life (Island) 1982
- Island Life (Island) 1985 - collected singles
- Slave to the Rhythm (Manhattan/Island) 1985
- Inside Story (Manhattan) 1986
- Bulletproof Heart (Capitol) 1989
- Private Life: The Compass Point Sessions (Island) 1998
- Universal Masters Collection (Universal) 2003