The most common usage of the word Hell is to refer to the afterlife of eternal torment.
Other meanings include:
- Hell or Inferno is the first book of Dante's Divine Comedy.
- Hell is a location in Michigan, United States. See Hell, Michigan.
- Hell is also a location in Norway. See Hell, Norway.
- Hell is also the site of unusual barren rock formations on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. The nearby post office of the same name is a popular location for tourists to send postcards "from Hell", complete with the postmark to prove it.
- In Norse mythology, Hell was an alternate spelling for the goddess of the underworld, Hel, see for more details.