The Humber Forts are two large fortifications in the mouth of the river Humber in northern England: Haile Sand Fort and Bull Sands Fort.
They were built in 1914 to protect the entrance to the river. They stand 18 metres above the water and have diameters of 25 metres. There was accommodation for 200 soldiers. They took three years to build and construction finished at almost the same time as the war. During World War II they remained as a deterrent and were regularly attacked by enemy aircraft.