November is the eleventh month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar, with 30 days. From the Latin novem for "nine" (it was originally the ninth month of the year, before January and February were inserted).
Events in November:
- All Saint's Day a Christian holiday. Observance is on November 1, the day after Halloween. In Sweden the All Saints official holiday takes place on the first Saturday of November.
- American Federal elections are held on the Tuesday after the first Monday of November in even-numbered years. They therefore fall between November 2 and November 8.
- The Americans celebrate Thanksgiving holiday on the fourth Thursday of November.
- Around November 17 the Leonids reach their peak.
- In Britain and New Zealand Guy Fawkes night is celebrated on November 5, the anniversary of the failed Gunpowder Plot.
- Or a less condensed format:
November is also the letter N in the NATO phonetic alphabet.