Strumble Head Lighthouse stands on Ynys Meicl (St. Michael's), a rocky island at the northwest corner of Pencaer, in the British Isles. It was erected in 1908 to improve the safety of sea traffic, warning of rocky coast and strong currents and serving as a navigational aid.
Although Ynys Meicl is connected to the mainland via a narrow bridge, building the island presented many difficulties usually associated with building lighthouses on more remote islands. The lighthouse was electrified in 1965 and fully automated in 1980. Those familiar with transatlantic aviation may recognise the name from Strumble VOR.
See also: Trinity House