Texas Rangers is also the name of a statewide law enforcement agency in the state of Texas in the United States. See Texas Rangers (law enforcement).
- Founded: 1961 (American League expansion)
- \Formerly known as: the Washington Senators, 1961-1971. (Not to be confused with the team that was the Washington Senators prior to 1961, which became the Minnesota Twins.)
- Home ballpark: The Ballpark in Arlington
- Uniform colors: Blue, White, and Scarlet red
- Logo design: A "T" superimposed on a baseball, set inside a circle with "TEXAS" on the top half and "RANGERS" on the bottom
- Wild Card titles won (0): none
- Division titles won (4): 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999
- American League pennants won (0): none
- World Series championships won (0): none
|Table of contents|
2 Players of note
3 External links
When the Washington Senators moved to Minnesota in 1960, Major League Baseball awarded a team to Washington, D.C, giving it the name of the old franchise. The team survived for several years, but eventually moved to Texas for the 1972 season.