Centuries: 14th century - 15th century - 16th century
- February 12 - Battle of Rouvray (or "of the Herrings"). English Forces under Sir John Fastolf defend a supply convoy carrying rations to the Earl of Suffolk's army at Orleans from attack by the Comte de Clermont and John Stuart.
- April 27 - A French relief army under Joan of Arc and the Duc d'Alenšon enters Orleans
- May 7 - A French attack led by Joan of Arc breaks the English bridgehead on the South side of the Loire.
- May 8 - Suffolk withdraws from Orleans, ending the siege.
- June 19 - Battle of Patay. French forces under Joan smash the English forces under Lord Talbot and Sir John Fastolf, forcing the withdrawal of the English from the Loire Valley.
- July 16 - Charles VII of France crowned in Rheims
- September 8 - Joan leads an unsuccessful attack on Paris, and is wounded.