Centuries: 14th century - 15th century - 16th century
Decades: 1420s 1430s 1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s 1510s 1520s
Years: 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 - 1471 - 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476
- March - Edward IV returns to England to reclaim his throne.
- April 14 - Battle of Barnet - Edward defeats the Lancastrian army under Warwick, who is killed.
- May 4 - Battle of Tewkesbury - King Edward defeats a Lancastrian army under Queen Margaret and the Prince of Wales, who is killed. This practically destroys the Lancastrian cause.
- May 20 - Henry VI of England is murdered in the Tower of London and Edward IV becomes King of England.
- October 10 - Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm Sten Sture's forces with help of farmers and miners repels an attack by Danish king Christian I
- Topa Inca takes Inca throne
- May 21 - Albrecht Dürer, German artist, writer and mathematician
- October 7 - King Frederick I of Denmark
- April 14 - Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, "Warwick the Kingmaker"
- May 4 - Edward, Prince of Wales, only son of King Henry VI
- May 20 - Henry VI King of England
- Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan
- Inca Pachaluti\n