Events and Trends
- The Bonneville Slide blocks the Columbia River near the site of present-day Cascade Locks, Oregon with a land bridge 200 feet high. The river eventually removes the blockage, but this event is remembered in the local legends of the Native Americans as the Bridge of the Gods.
- King Frederick IV of Denmark (1699 - 1730).
- King William III of England (1689 - 1702).
- Queen Anne of Great Britain (1702 - 1714).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643 - 1715).
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658 - 1705).
- Joseph I, Holy Roman Emperor (1705 - 1711).
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682 - 1725).
- King Charles XII of Sweden (1697 - 1718).