This article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by fixing it.
Dance as musical form is a smaller musical composition intended for the presentation of dance. By its virtue, it can be used as an accompaniment for actual dance, but its main purpose is music as such.
Some well-known musical pieces
- Sabre Dance by Aram Khachaturian within ballet "Gayane").
- Czardas in Hungarian Rhapsodies by Ferenc Liszt
- Numerous pieces named Slavonic Dance (#1, #2,...#10,...), by Antonin Dvorak
- Habanera in Carmen by Georges Bizet
- Spring Khorovod, Dance of the Earth, Sacrificial Dance in The Rite of Spring ballet by Igor Stravinsky
See also: Dance music