National security describes the measures taken by a state to ensure its survival and security.
Measures taken to ensure national security include:
- the maintenance of armed forces
- civil defence measures and emergency preparedness
- attempts to create resilience and redundancy in national infrastructure
- the maintenance of intelligence services to detect threats
- the protection of sensitive information
National Security is also a movie, made in 2003, starring Martin Lawrence. See National Security (movie).