The term screen has a number of meanings:
- A window screen is a wire mesh that covers a window to keeps out insects.
- Screen is also a synonym for film or movie as in the expresion "Silver Screen" or the Screen Actors Guild.
- Screen-printing, of Silk-Screening is a method of printing.
- A screen is also a viewing surface, such as that of a cathode ray tube or liquid crystal display (LCD).
- The verb screen is to examine something for defects or dangers.
- A genetic screen in genetics is a procedure or test to identify and select individuals that possess a particular kind of phenotype
- In a telecommunications, computing, or data processing system, to examine entities that are being processed to determine their suitability for further processing.
- It can also describe a nonferrous metallic mesh used to provide electromagnetic shielding.
- Screening can be to reduce undesired electromagnetic signals and noise by enclosing devices in electrostatic or electromagnetic shields.