The tiger beetles are a large group of beetles known for their predatory habits.
Taxonomically, the beetles are classed as either the family Cicindelidae or the subfamily Cicindelinae of the Carabidae (ground beetles). There are about 2,100 species known.
Tiger beetles have large bulging eyes and long, slender legs.
The following are some of the animals in this family:
- Cicindela politula politula
- Cicindela scutellaris rugata
- Cicindela patruela
- Cicindela sexguttata (Six-spotted Tiger Beetle)
- Cicindela trifasciata ascendens
- Cicindela punctulata punctulata
- Cicindela denikei